Brazil`s VP has heart attack, in stable condition
Sao Paulo: Officials say Brazil`s vice
president has suffered a heart attack but is in stable
A Sao Paulo hospital says Jose Alencar is resting in
its intensive care unit and that immediate surgery is not
Alencar is technically Brazil`s head of state while
President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is attending an economic
summit in South Korea.
A spokeswoman with the president`s office in Brasilia
said today that Alencar is alert and remains the acting
president. She spoke on condition of anonymity, saying she
could not discuss the matter.
Alencar suffered the heart attack Thursday evening. He
is being treated at the Sirio Libanes hospital.
The vice president has been fighting abdominal cancer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj