`BRIC summit should push for international financial reform`
Beijing: China on Wednesday hoped that the
upcoming Brazil, Russia, India and China summit would push for
international financial reform.
China expected the summit to push for increasing
emerging economies representation and voting rights in the
international financial organisations, which were goals set
out at the last G20 summit, said Vice Foreign Minister Cui
Tiankai at a news briefing.
At the invitation of Brazil`s President Luiz Inacio
Lula da Silva, Chinese President Hu Jintao will attend the
second meeting of BRIC leaders from April 15-16 in which Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh is also scheduled to take part.
During the summit, BRIC leaders will discuss the
situation of the world economy, the G20, reform of global
financial organisations, climate change and dialogue and
cooperation among BRIC countries, Cui quoted by the official
Xinhua news agency as saying.
"We expect the BRIC summit will expand strategic
consensus, consolidate mutual trust, coordinate to cope with
the major global challenges and promote the world economic
recovery," Cui said.
"Exchanges among the four nations concerning major
global challenges would be conducive to increasing the
influence of emerging and developing countries, and promoting
the development of multilateralism," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan