BRIC summit to be held in Brasilia in April
Brasilia: The world`s main emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China -- known as the BRIC countries -- are to hold their second summit in Brasilia on April 16, Brazilian officials said on Wednesday.
The leaders of the informal group first met under the BRIC banner in June 2009 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. During those talks, they expressed reservations over the US dollar remaining the world`s de facto reserve currency.
The Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper reported that Chinese President Hu Jintao would likely continue to Brazil from the BRIC meeting for an official visit.
The BRIC summit in Brasilia is to be preceded on April 15 by a meeting between the leaders of Brazil, India and South Africa called to boost political and trade ties, a Foreign
Ministry official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed