BRIC summit to be held in Brasilia in April
Brasilia: The world`s main emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China -- known as the BRIC countries -- are to hold their second summit in Brasilia on April 16, Brazilian officials said on Wednesday.
The leaders of the informal group first met under the BRIC banner in June 2009 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. During those talks, they expressed reservations over the US dollar remaining the world`s de facto reserve currency.
The Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper reported that Chinese President Hu Jintao would likely continue to Brazil from the BRIC meeting for an official visit.
The BRIC summit in Brasilia is to be preceded on April 15 by a meeting between the leaders of Brazil, India and South Africa called to boost political and trade ties, a Foreign
Ministry official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video