BRIC summit to be held in Brasilia in April
Brasilia: The world`s main emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China -- known as the BRIC countries -- are to hold their second summit in Brasilia on April 16, Brazilian officials said on Wednesday.
The leaders of the informal group first met under the BRIC banner in June 2009 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. During those talks, they expressed reservations over the US dollar remaining the world`s de facto reserve currency.
The Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper reported that Chinese President Hu Jintao would likely continue to Brazil from the BRIC meeting for an official visit.
The BRIC summit in Brasilia is to be preceded on April 15 by a meeting between the leaders of Brazil, India and South Africa called to boost political and trade ties, a Foreign
Ministry official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note