BRIC summit to help form new `polycentric` world order: Russia
Moscow: Russia, a key member of the BRIC
grouping, on Thursday said it hoped the April 15-16 summit of the
bloc also involving Brazil, India and China will contribute to
formation of a new polycentric world order based on justice
and democratic values.
"We expect that the outcome of summit will contribute to
the strengthening of the constructive role of BRIC as an
important stabilising factor in the international affairs and
a reliable pillar in the formation of polycentric, fair and
democratic world order," Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman
Andrei Nesterenko said.
Leaders of Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC),
including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Russian President
Dmitry Medvedev, are scheduled to meet in Brazil for their
second formal summit in the BRIC format on April 15-16.
At the weekly Foreign Ministry briefing, Nesterenko said
that on the sidelines of the BRIC summit, senior security
officials, economists, bankers and political analysts will
also meet to discuss closer cooperation within the grouping of
four fastest emerging economies of the world.
"This rich programme indicates the expansion of the
spectrum of partnership within the BRIC," he said.
The first full-blooded stand-alone BRIC summit was hosted
by Russian President Medvedev in June last year in
In the follow-up to the Yekaterinburg summit, the BRIC
Agriculture Ministers met here last month to forge an alliance
to combat global hunger and ensure food security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH