BRICS meet reached `a lot of consensus` on key issues: China
Beijing: China on Friday said the two-day BRICS meeting in New Delhi achieved "a lot of consensus" over a host of issues concerning global situation as well as cooperation among five member countries of the bloc.
State Councillor Dai Bingguo, who attended the meeting of Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS) grouping, had in-depth talks with heads of the delegations of other member states "over international situation and BRICS countries cooperation reaching a lot of consensus," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here answering a question.
Technically, the New Delhi meeting was the fourth get- together of the National Security Advisors of the BRICS but the first structured meeting devoted to security issues of the five-member grouping.
Besides attending the meeting, Dai, the top diplomat of China who is also the Special Representative of the India-China boundary talks, held separate meetings with NSA Shivshankar Menon and heads of other delegations to discuss bilateral and international issues.
The BRICS meeting agreed that the world was undergoing profound and important changes at present with emerging economies across the world rising one after another, becoming an important force for change in the international relations as well as in the global economic growth, Hong said.
"These countries have been playing an important role in world multi-polarity and democracy of the international relations. They are also changing the international political and economic landscape," he said.
BRICS countries "should advocate spirit of solidarity, cooperation and win-win outcome and earnestly and fully implement their mutually beneficial cooperation and strengthen coordination in regional and international affairs, uphold international fairness and justice and promote world peace and development so as to build new state-to-state relations in the era of globalisation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now