BRICS regret lack of progress in Mideast, Ukraine
25. Fortaleza: The BRICS group of emerging powers regrets the lack of progress in resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and crises in Ukraine, Iraq and Syria, Brazil`s president said Tuesday.
Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa "lament the lack of concrete progress in the majority of these situations," President Dilma Rousseff said at a summit in the northeastern Brazilian city of Fortaleza.
25. "We agreed that, in all of them, long-term solutions necessarily go through the path of dialogue, which depends on the commitment of all parties involved," she said.
She said the five leaders back "constructive and cohesive involvement of the international community" to avoid "unilateral situations" that serve "specific countries but compromise negotiated situations of interest for the majority."
Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is on a tour of Latin America, has been calling for a "multipolar" world amid tensions with the West over the Ukraine crisis.
25. The meetings give Putin his first international summit since being kicked out of the G8 group of industrialized nations over Ukraine.
The United States is threatening to impose new economic sanctions on Russia over accusations that it is backing pro-Moscow separatist rebels in eastern Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’