Bridge collapses in Brazil, 15 people missing
Sao Paulo: A rain-swollen river swept away a bridge in southern Brazil, leaving as many 15 people missing, authorities said.
The civil defence authorities said 11 people were rescued after the mishap but between five and 15 people were missing. It denied earlier press reports that seven people were
The bridge was on route ERS-287, spanning the Jacui River near Agudo, in Rio Grande do Sul state, O Globo reported in its online edition.
"Part of the bridge collapsed and some people went over to see what was happening. And then the rest of it fell down," firefighter Menardino Weber told O Globo.
Floods and landslides triggered by heavy rains have killed 72 people in Brazil in the past week, with the greatest number of fatalities in Angra dos Reis, a beach city south of
Rio de Janeiro.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?