Bridge collapses in Brazil, 15 people missing
Sao Paulo: A rain-swollen river swept away a bridge in southern Brazil, leaving as many 15 people missing, authorities said.
The civil defence authorities said 11 people were rescued after the mishap but between five and 15 people were missing. It denied earlier press reports that seven people were
The bridge was on route ERS-287, spanning the Jacui River near Agudo, in Rio Grande do Sul state, O Globo reported in its online edition.
"Part of the bridge collapsed and some people went over to see what was happening. And then the rest of it fell down," firefighter Menardino Weber told O Globo.
Floods and landslides triggered by heavy rains have killed 72 people in Brazil in the past week, with the greatest number of fatalities in Angra dos Reis, a beach city south of
Rio de Janeiro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why