Bringing USD 14K inside Vatican City? Declare it
Vatican City: The Vatican has issued a new
rule requiring anyone bringing USD 14,000 or more into Vatican
City to declare it.
The rule went into effect on Friday, the same day the Holy
See`s broader anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist
financing regulations went into effect.
The Vatican announced the measures Dec 30 in a major
effort to comply with international finance norms and shed its
image as a tax haven with a reputation for secrecy and
The Vatican`s own bank remains implicated in a
money-laundering investigation that resulted in 23 million
euros (USD 31 million) being seized and its top two officials
placed under investigation last year.
The Vatican has denied wrongdoing and says the
investigation resulted from a misunderstanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what