Bringing USD 14K inside Vatican City? Declare it
Vatican City: The Vatican has issued a new
rule requiring anyone bringing USD 14,000 or more into Vatican
City to declare it.
The rule went into effect on Friday, the same day the Holy
See`s broader anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist
financing regulations went into effect.
The Vatican announced the measures Dec 30 in a major
effort to comply with international finance norms and shed its
image as a tax haven with a reputation for secrecy and
The Vatican`s own bank remains implicated in a
money-laundering investigation that resulted in 23 million
euros (USD 31 million) being seized and its top two officials
placed under investigation last year.
The Vatican has denied wrongdoing and says the
investigation resulted from a misunderstanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!