Bringing USD 14K inside Vatican City? Declare it
Vatican City: The Vatican has issued a new
rule requiring anyone bringing USD 14,000 or more into Vatican
City to declare it.
The rule went into effect on Friday, the same day the Holy
See`s broader anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist
financing regulations went into effect.
The Vatican announced the measures Dec 30 in a major
effort to comply with international finance norms and shed its
image as a tax haven with a reputation for secrecy and
The Vatican`s own bank remains implicated in a
money-laundering investigation that resulted in 23 million
euros (USD 31 million) being seized and its top two officials
placed under investigation last year.
The Vatican has denied wrongdoing and says the
investigation resulted from a misunderstanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown