Brit Deputy PM’s wife ‘doesn’t know who Cherie Blair is’
London: Miriam Clegg, wife of the UK Deputy Prime Minister Nicholas Clegg, claimed not to have heard of Cherie Blair.
During an interview with The Times, Clegg appeared irritated by being compared with Blair.
At first, she feigned ignorance of the ex-prime minister’s wife’s name.
“I do not know who Cherie is,” before going on to grudgingly compliment her, “She is a woman who had children and worked, and I take my hat off to her,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
Clegg, 42, had also announced in this year’s election campaign that she had no intention of emulating Samantha Cameron and Sarah Brown by scaling back her career.
Clegg gave the interview to promote EcoLuxe, a show by a collective of 13 designers who work with Fairtrade and sustainable materials, including fish leather and organic cotton, to produce affordable luxurious clothing and accessories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi