Brit Deputy PM’s wife ‘doesn’t know who Cherie Blair is’
London: Miriam Clegg, wife of the UK Deputy Prime Minister Nicholas Clegg, claimed not to have heard of Cherie Blair.
During an interview with The Times, Clegg appeared irritated by being compared with Blair.
At first, she feigned ignorance of the ex-prime minister’s wife’s name.
“I do not know who Cherie is,” before going on to grudgingly compliment her, “She is a woman who had children and worked, and I take my hat off to her,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
Clegg, 42, had also announced in this year’s election campaign that she had no intention of emulating Samantha Cameron and Sarah Brown by scaling back her career.
Clegg gave the interview to promote EcoLuxe, a show by a collective of 13 designers who work with Fairtrade and sustainable materials, including fish leather and organic cotton, to produce affordable luxurious clothing and accessories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!