Brit man finds lost wallet after 35 years
London: A UK man has been reunited with his stolen wallet after 35 years with all the contents intact ? except for the small amount of money it contained.
Fifty-eight-year-old Richard Lane suspected the wallet was stolen at a leisure centre in his hometown of St Ives, Cambridgeshire in 1978.
The wallet contained his driving licence, gym membership card, union membership card and payment plan for a new TV, `The Mirror` reported.
Richard, then a 23 year-old printer, also thinks he had around 15 pounds in cash inside it.
The wallet was found by the contractors behind a wall on the top floor, near the lift shaft.
Richard had given up hope of ever seeing it again, the report said.
However, the battered old wallet complete with everything apart from the money has now been found inside a brick wall cavity by builders refurbishing the leisure centre in St Ives.
An appeal to find the owner was launched and Richard, who lives about 160 km away in Evesham, Worcestershire, was alerted by his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing