Brit man finds lost wallet after 35 years
London: A UK man has been reunited with his stolen wallet after 35 years with all the contents intact ? except for the small amount of money it contained.
Fifty-eight-year-old Richard Lane suspected the wallet was stolen at a leisure centre in his hometown of St Ives, Cambridgeshire in 1978.
The wallet contained his driving licence, gym membership card, union membership card and payment plan for a new TV, `The Mirror` reported.
Richard, then a 23 year-old printer, also thinks he had around 15 pounds in cash inside it.
The wallet was found by the contractors behind a wall on the top floor, near the lift shaft.
Richard had given up hope of ever seeing it again, the report said.
However, the battered old wallet complete with everything apart from the money has now been found inside a brick wall cavity by builders refurbishing the leisure centre in St Ives.
An appeal to find the owner was launched and Richard, who lives about 160 km away in Evesham, Worcestershire, was alerted by his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past