Brit man finds lost wallet after 35 years
London: A UK man has been reunited with his stolen wallet after 35 years with all the contents intact ? except for the small amount of money it contained.
Fifty-eight-year-old Richard Lane suspected the wallet was stolen at a leisure centre in his hometown of St Ives, Cambridgeshire in 1978.
The wallet contained his driving licence, gym membership card, union membership card and payment plan for a new TV, `The Mirror` reported.
Richard, then a 23 year-old printer, also thinks he had around 15 pounds in cash inside it.
The wallet was found by the contractors behind a wall on the top floor, near the lift shaft.
Richard had given up hope of ever seeing it again, the report said.
However, the battered old wallet complete with everything apart from the money has now been found inside a brick wall cavity by builders refurbishing the leisure centre in St Ives.
An appeal to find the owner was launched and Richard, who lives about 160 km away in Evesham, Worcestershire, was alerted by his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical