Brit man finds lost wallet after 35 years
London: A UK man has been reunited with his stolen wallet after 35 years with all the contents intact ? except for the small amount of money it contained.
Fifty-eight-year-old Richard Lane suspected the wallet was stolen at a leisure centre in his hometown of St Ives, Cambridgeshire in 1978.
The wallet contained his driving licence, gym membership card, union membership card and payment plan for a new TV, `The Mirror` reported.
Richard, then a 23 year-old printer, also thinks he had around 15 pounds in cash inside it.
The wallet was found by the contractors behind a wall on the top floor, near the lift shaft.
Richard had given up hope of ever seeing it again, the report said.
However, the battered old wallet complete with everything apart from the money has now been found inside a brick wall cavity by builders refurbishing the leisure centre in St Ives.
An appeal to find the owner was launched and Richard, who lives about 160 km away in Evesham, Worcestershire, was alerted by his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan