Brit man finds lost wallet after 35 years
London: A UK man has been reunited with his stolen wallet after 35 years with all the contents intact ? except for the small amount of money it contained.
Fifty-eight-year-old Richard Lane suspected the wallet was stolen at a leisure centre in his hometown of St Ives, Cambridgeshire in 1978.
The wallet contained his driving licence, gym membership card, union membership card and payment plan for a new TV, `The Mirror` reported.
Richard, then a 23 year-old printer, also thinks he had around 15 pounds in cash inside it.
The wallet was found by the contractors behind a wall on the top floor, near the lift shaft.
Richard had given up hope of ever seeing it again, the report said.
However, the battered old wallet complete with everything apart from the money has now been found inside a brick wall cavity by builders refurbishing the leisure centre in St Ives.
An appeal to find the owner was launched and Richard, who lives about 160 km away in Evesham, Worcestershire, was alerted by his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you