Britain appoints new envoy to Libya
London: Britain Thursday appointed Dominic Asquith as the new ambassador to Libya, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) announced.
Asquith will succeed John Jenkins, who will be transferred to another diplomatic service, Xinhua reported citing a statement.
He joined the FCO in 1983, and has served overseas as ambassador to Iraq between 2006 and 2007, and ambassador to Egypt since 2007. He has worked in the Middle East, South America and the US.
"I am very glad to be returning to Libya at such an important time. I look forward to working closely again with the new government as they address the challenges they face to deliver a better future for their people," Asquith said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH