Britain can pull out of EU, says Cameron
London: Prime Minister David Cameron has admitted for the first time that he can imagine Britain quitting the European Union (EU), The Sun reported.
He talked about the prospect of Britain pulling out of the EU after MPs grilled him about last week`s Brussels summit.
Asked if he could envisage Britain leaving the EU, Cameron said "all futures for Britain" were "imaginable". "We are in charge of our own destiny, we can make our own choices."
Cameron, however, stressed withdrawal was not his "preference". He wanted Britain to stay in the EU and to renegotiate relations with the EU -- based in Belgium -- to seize back key powers.
The British prime minister said he would make a long-awaited speech in January, spelling out his EU vision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference