Britain can pull out of EU, says Cameron
London: Prime Minister David Cameron has admitted for the first time that he can imagine Britain quitting the European Union (EU), The Sun reported.
He talked about the prospect of Britain pulling out of the EU after MPs grilled him about last week`s Brussels summit.
Asked if he could envisage Britain leaving the EU, Cameron said "all futures for Britain" were "imaginable". "We are in charge of our own destiny, we can make our own choices."
Cameron, however, stressed withdrawal was not his "preference". He wanted Britain to stay in the EU and to renegotiate relations with the EU -- based in Belgium -- to seize back key powers.
The British prime minister said he would make a long-awaited speech in January, spelling out his EU vision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security