Britain eavesdrops from Middle East monitoring station: Report
Zee Media Bureau
London: Britain, reportedly, has been operating a secret monitoring station in the Middle East to gather emails, phone calls and web information and provide them further to the National Security Agency in the US.
The shocking revelation has come from Edward Snowden’s leak.
This overtly puts government’s action under suspicion when it asked the Guardian to destroy hard drives which contained the copy of Snowden’s files.
The station is part of a 1 billion pound global eavesdropping project run by Britain to intercept digital communications, the Independent newspaper reported.
The recent leak is another big addition to the surveillance scandal criticised globally.
The information collected at stations is described as a weapon in the war against terror.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday