Britain is heading for hung parliament: Opinion poll
London: Britain is heading for a hung
parliament in nearly three and a half decades, with a new
opinion poll indicating that the opposition Conservative lead
over the ruling Labour has declined by 7 points.
The latest monthly Guardian/ICM poll, showed the
Conservatives holding only a seven-point lead, as Prime
Minister Gordon Brown is fending off potentially lethal claims
over his complex character, including suggestions that he
The accusations, which surfaced in a book by the
Observer`s political commentator sparked another day of
frantic political manoeuvring yesterday.
One of the Tory party`s best known MPs, Ann
Widdecombe, quit as a patron of the National Bullying
Helpline, the charity which on Sunday sparked a storm at
Westminster when its founder, Christine Pratt, entered the
political fray, saying she had received four complaints of
bullying from No 10 staff.
Last night the charity was close to implosion as
other patrons also resigned, saying Pratt had acted
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok