Britain is heading for hung parliament: Opinion poll
London: Britain is heading for a hung
parliament in nearly three and a half decades, with a new
opinion poll indicating that the opposition Conservative lead
over the ruling Labour has declined by 7 points.
The latest monthly Guardian/ICM poll, showed the
Conservatives holding only a seven-point lead, as Prime
Minister Gordon Brown is fending off potentially lethal claims
over his complex character, including suggestions that he
The accusations, which surfaced in a book by the
Observer`s political commentator sparked another day of
frantic political manoeuvring yesterday.
One of the Tory party`s best known MPs, Ann
Widdecombe, quit as a patron of the National Bullying
Helpline, the charity which on Sunday sparked a storm at
Westminster when its founder, Christine Pratt, entered the
political fray, saying she had received four complaints of
bullying from No 10 staff.
Last night the charity was close to implosion as
other patrons also resigned, saying Pratt had acted
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points