Britain is ‘second most popular country in world’
London: In a first, Britain has come as runner-up in the new annual global popularity poll.
The UK’s positive rating rose from 53 percent in 2010 to 58 percent this year.
The BBC World Service Country Rating Poll asked nearly 29,000 people to rate the global influence of 16 major nations and the European Union, reports the Daily Mail.
Of the 27 countries polled, 24 took a positive position towards the UK while two, Pakistan and Mexico, had overall negative views of the country.
One country, Turkey, remained divided.
Those with the most positive views of Britain were the US, at 80 percent, followed by Australia at 79 percent and Canada at 69 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- UP: BJP protest for Naseemuddin Siddiqui's arrest, Dayashankar Singh's re-induction
- Discontinue pellet guns, says J&K HC citing Rajnath's statement
- MCA Managing Committee to discuss SC judgement on Sunday
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Floods batter Assam, Arunachal; 3 die in Uttarakhand wall collapse