Britain is ‘second most popular country in world’
London: In a first, Britain has come as runner-up in the new annual global popularity poll.
The UK’s positive rating rose from 53 percent in 2010 to 58 percent this year.
The BBC World Service Country Rating Poll asked nearly 29,000 people to rate the global influence of 16 major nations and the European Union, reports the Daily Mail.
Of the 27 countries polled, 24 took a positive position towards the UK while two, Pakistan and Mexico, had overall negative views of the country.
One country, Turkey, remained divided.
Those with the most positive views of Britain were the US, at 80 percent, followed by Australia at 79 percent and Canada at 69 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’