Britain is ‘second most popular country in world’
London: In a first, Britain has come as runner-up in the new annual global popularity poll.
The UK’s positive rating rose from 53 percent in 2010 to 58 percent this year.
The BBC World Service Country Rating Poll asked nearly 29,000 people to rate the global influence of 16 major nations and the European Union, reports the Daily Mail.
Of the 27 countries polled, 24 took a positive position towards the UK while two, Pakistan and Mexico, had overall negative views of the country.
One country, Turkey, remained divided.
Those with the most positive views of Britain were the US, at 80 percent, followed by Australia at 79 percent and Canada at 69 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested