Britain: Man jailed for raping drunk women
London: A 21-year-old man of Asian origin has been jailed for raping drunk women students, a media report said on Saturday.
Dubbed the "Night Rapist", Asim Javed preyed on defenceless students staggering home drunk. He has been sentenced to jail for eight years by the Liverpool Crown Court, the Daily Express reported.
Police in Greater Manchester used victims` descriptions of the assailant to create a digital video. People saw the image on TV and spotted Javed, a resident of Chorlton, Manchester.
The judge said: "In each case your victims were young and total strangers to you when you picked them up from the streets at night. You subjected them to violence, humiliation and degradation. You thought only of your sexual needs and perverse ways of gratifying them."
Javed attacked his first victim in December 2009. He offered to drive her home and even phoned her father to say she was safe. Then he drove to a nearby lane and attacked her.
He attacked a second woman in September 2010. As she walked past, he ¬bundled her into his car. After raping her, he dumped her naked in the street.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan