Britain says defense chiefs to meet in Jordan to discuss Syria
London: The chiefs of defense of Britain and other countries will meet in Jordan on August 26 to discuss the situation in Syria, a British Ministry of Defense spokesman said on Saturday.
The meeting is the third that the top military officers have held this year to better understand the situation in Syria and how neighbouring countries can be helped to manage the risks to the region, he said.
The meeting was long-planned and was not called in response to a reported chemical weapons attack near Damascus, the spokesman said. A French army spokesman said France`s defense chief had also been invited, and that the meeting was long-planned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'