Britain says defense chiefs to meet in Jordan to discuss Syria
London: The chiefs of defense of Britain and other countries will meet in Jordan on August 26 to discuss the situation in Syria, a British Ministry of Defense spokesman said on Saturday.
The meeting is the third that the top military officers have held this year to better understand the situation in Syria and how neighbouring countries can be helped to manage the risks to the region, he said.
The meeting was long-planned and was not called in response to a reported chemical weapons attack near Damascus, the spokesman said. A French army spokesman said France`s defense chief had also been invited, and that the meeting was long-planned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family