Britain says defense chiefs to meet in Jordan to discuss Syria
London: The chiefs of defense of Britain and other countries will meet in Jordan on August 26 to discuss the situation in Syria, a British Ministry of Defense spokesman said on Saturday.
The meeting is the third that the top military officers have held this year to better understand the situation in Syria and how neighbouring countries can be helped to manage the risks to the region, he said.
The meeting was long-planned and was not called in response to a reported chemical weapons attack near Damascus, the spokesman said. A French army spokesman said France`s defense chief had also been invited, and that the meeting was long-planned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid