Britain ‘to act’ if Syria chemical weapons reach al Qaeda`s hands
London: Britain is preparing to wage a war in Syria to stop chemical weapons stockpiles from failing into the hands of al Qaeda, a senior general has revealed.
General Sir David Richards said the UK would `have to act if the Assad regime collapsed in chaos to safeguard his massive nerve agent dumps from terrorists clutches`.
According to the Sun, the outgoing Chief of Defence Staff has also revealed planning for a major new operation in Syria.
He said that the new operation in the war-torn country will be led by Special Forces and is well underway.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has built up a massive arsenal of deadly shells, rockets and bombs filled with agents such as Sarin, Tabun, VX and mustard gas, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi