Britain to join NATO military exercise
London: Britain will send a battle group to take part in a major military training in October as part of a NATO package to reassure its allies in eastern Europe, the British defence ministry said Monday.
The new deployment is Britain`s largest to the region since 2008 and is one of a planned series of NATO maneuovers due to take place throughout the autumn in support of allies in eastern Europe and the Baltic states, Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.
The full battle group to be sent to the NATO exercise, dubbed Exercise Black Eagle, will comprise of 1,350 personnel and more than 350 armoured and other vehicles, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured