Britain to join NATO military exercise
London: Britain will send a battle group to take part in a major military training in October as part of a NATO package to reassure its allies in eastern Europe, the British defence ministry said Monday.
The new deployment is Britain`s largest to the region since 2008 and is one of a planned series of NATO maneuovers due to take place throughout the autumn in support of allies in eastern Europe and the Baltic states, Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.
The full battle group to be sent to the NATO exercise, dubbed Exercise Black Eagle, will comprise of 1,350 personnel and more than 350 armoured and other vehicles, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei