Britain to join NATO military exercise
London: Britain will send a battle group to take part in a major military training in October as part of a NATO package to reassure its allies in eastern Europe, the British defence ministry said Monday.
The new deployment is Britain`s largest to the region since 2008 and is one of a planned series of NATO maneuovers due to take place throughout the autumn in support of allies in eastern Europe and the Baltic states, Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.
The full battle group to be sent to the NATO exercise, dubbed Exercise Black Eagle, will comprise of 1,350 personnel and more than 350 armoured and other vehicles, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cristiano Ronaldo might win the Ballon d'Or but Lionel Messi is the best: Luis Suarez
- Rape was there since earth's creation: Haryana BJP women's cell chief
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor