Britain wants to hunt down Al Qaeda`s Algeria terrorist
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron will ask Algeria to let secret service MI6 hunt down Al Qaeda terrorist Mokhtar Belmokhtar responsible for the hostage crisis in which six Britons were killed.
The one-eyed Belmokhtar -- dubbed "Mr. Marlboro" for his activities in the past as a cigarette smuggler -- masterminded the siege on the desert gas field in Algeria two weeks ago, The Sun reported.
Cameron is visiting the North African nation to tell Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal that Britain wants a leading role in finding Belmokhtar.
Algeria rejected Britain`s offer of help during the hostage crisis, which saw 38 foreigners killed.
A source from the prime minister`s office told the daily that talks would focus on "the tough, patient and intelligent response that is required".
MI6 chief John Sawers will accompany Cameron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!