Britain`s Fergie not invited to royal wedding: Report
London: Sarah Ferguson, the former wife of
Britain`s Prince Andrew, will not be invited to the wedding of
Prince William and Kate Middleton in April, her spokesman told
a newspaper on Saturday.
"She will not be attending the wedding. She never
expected to be invited or to attend. She will be overseas at
the time," he told the Daily Telegraph.
However, her daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie,
William`s cousins, are expected to be among the guests at
The Duchess of York, known as "Fergie", has long been
viewed as somewhat of an embarrassment to the royal family,
particularly last year when she was caught in a newspaper
sting apparently trying to sell access to her ex-husband.
She apologised for what she said was a "serious lapse in
judgement", and in a later interview with US talk show queen
Oprah Winfrey blamed alcohol and money problems.
Invitations to William and Kate`s wedding on April 29
were thought to have been sent out this week, ahead of what is
the most eagerly anticipated marriage since his late mother
Diana married Prince Charles in 1981.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH