British Army chief discusses mutual cooperation with Nepal
Kathmandu: British Army chief General Sir Peter Wall, who was earlier a former Gurkha Officer, on Sunday held discussions with his Nepalese counterpart on bilateral military affairs.
Wall is here on a six-day visit also paid courtesy calls to President Ram Baran Yadav and Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai.
He is in the country at the invitation of Nepalese Army chief General Chhatra Man Singh Gurung and the British Mission in Nepal.
During his meeting with Gurung, Wall discussed mutual cooperation between the two armeies, according to Nepal Army headquarters sources.
A former Gurkha Officer, Wall`s visit is also aimed at learning about the Nepal Army, as well as to observe the works of British Gurkhas and the Gurkha Welfare Scheme being carried out in Nepal, according to a press release issued by the British Embassy here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University