British banker falls off rooftop in hurricane sandy
London: A British banker fell to his death while trying to repair a window shutter as Hurricane Sandy raged through The Bahamas, the Daily Mail reported.
Timothy Fraser-Smith, 66, chief executive of Deltec Bank & Trust since 2000, fell from the roof of his home Thursday in Lyford Cay area, in The Bahamas.
On Saturday morning, Hurricane Sandy was downgraded but remained a highly menacing tropical storm likely to have a major impact on the northeastern US early next week, weather forecasters said.
The hurricane has claimed 43 lives in The Bahamas.
Meanwhile, Hurricane Sandy’s top winds diminished Friday. The National Hurricane Centre in Miami briefly downgraded it to a tropical storm Saturday morning before restoring it to a Category 1 hurricane - with sustained winds of 75 mph - a few hours later, Washington Post reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi