British banker falls off rooftop in hurricane sandy
London: A British banker fell to his death while trying to repair a window shutter as Hurricane Sandy raged through The Bahamas, the Daily Mail reported.
Timothy Fraser-Smith, 66, chief executive of Deltec Bank & Trust since 2000, fell from the roof of his home Thursday in Lyford Cay area, in The Bahamas.
On Saturday morning, Hurricane Sandy was downgraded but remained a highly menacing tropical storm likely to have a major impact on the northeastern US early next week, weather forecasters said.
The hurricane has claimed 43 lives in The Bahamas.
Meanwhile, Hurricane Sandy’s top winds diminished Friday. The National Hurricane Centre in Miami briefly downgraded it to a tropical storm Saturday morning before restoring it to a Category 1 hurricane - with sustained winds of 75 mph - a few hours later, Washington Post reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels