British college teacher found guilty of sexual abuse
London: A college teacher in Britain has been found guilty of sexually abusing five boys while working as a teacher in private schools, a media report said.
Bruce Roth, who taught maths at Wellington College in Crowthorne, Berkshire, groomed and performed sex acts on three boys at the boarding school and on two others at King`s school in Rochester, Kent, where he taught previously, The Guardian reported.
A court in Reading heard that two complaints were made against Roth that he sexually touched one boy and repeatedly abused another, both aged between eight and 10, while working as an assistant housemaster at King`s school between 1987 and 1994.
But the accusations were dropped following an internal investigation. The accused left the school and went to Wellington, where he taught until 2010.
Roth denied the 17 charges against him, and accused his alleged victims of conspiring against him because they did not like him as a teacher. He called one of them "sinister".
A jury of six men and six women returned guilty verdicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail