British college teacher found guilty of sexual abuse
London: A college teacher in Britain has been found guilty of sexually abusing five boys while working as a teacher in private schools, a media report said.
Bruce Roth, who taught maths at Wellington College in Crowthorne, Berkshire, groomed and performed sex acts on three boys at the boarding school and on two others at King`s school in Rochester, Kent, where he taught previously, The Guardian reported.
A court in Reading heard that two complaints were made against Roth that he sexually touched one boy and repeatedly abused another, both aged between eight and 10, while working as an assistant housemaster at King`s school between 1987 and 1994.
But the accusations were dropped following an internal investigation. The accused left the school and went to Wellington, where he taught until 2010.
Roth denied the 17 charges against him, and accused his alleged victims of conspiring against him because they did not like him as a teacher. He called one of them "sinister".
A jury of six men and six women returned guilty verdicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress