British ex-PM Blair releases memoirs in Chinese
Beijing: Former British Prime Minister Tony
Blair on Tuesday launched the Chinese edition of "A Journey", the
memoirs in which he recounts his decade in power, state media
During the launch party, Blair praised the "unprecedented
progress" achieved by China over the past thirty years, the
official Xinhua news agency reported.
Blair`s 718-page account of his time in Downing Street,
from 1997 to 2007, includes an unprecedented attack on his
"strange" successor Gordon Brown, whose premiership he branded
It details the personal toll the job took on him, how he
used whisky, gin and wine as a "prop", the "animal" feelings
he had for his wife, and his relationship with the royal
family after princess Diana died.
But it is Blair`s decision to take Britain into the
US-led invasion of Iraq that lies at the heart of the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India