British ex-PM Blair releases memoirs in Chinese
Beijing: Former British Prime Minister Tony
Blair on Tuesday launched the Chinese edition of "A Journey", the
memoirs in which he recounts his decade in power, state media
During the launch party, Blair praised the "unprecedented
progress" achieved by China over the past thirty years, the
official Xinhua news agency reported.
Blair`s 718-page account of his time in Downing Street,
from 1997 to 2007, includes an unprecedented attack on his
"strange" successor Gordon Brown, whose premiership he branded
It details the personal toll the job took on him, how he
used whisky, gin and wine as a "prop", the "animal" feelings
he had for his wife, and his relationship with the royal
family after princess Diana died.
But it is Blair`s decision to take Britain into the
US-led invasion of Iraq that lies at the heart of the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions