British ex-PM Blair releases memoirs in Chinese
Beijing: Former British Prime Minister Tony
Blair on Tuesday launched the Chinese edition of "A Journey", the
memoirs in which he recounts his decade in power, state media
During the launch party, Blair praised the "unprecedented
progress" achieved by China over the past thirty years, the
official Xinhua news agency reported.
Blair`s 718-page account of his time in Downing Street,
from 1997 to 2007, includes an unprecedented attack on his
"strange" successor Gordon Brown, whose premiership he branded
It details the personal toll the job took on him, how he
used whisky, gin and wine as a "prop", the "animal" feelings
he had for his wife, and his relationship with the royal
family after princess Diana died.
But it is Blair`s decision to take Britain into the
US-led invasion of Iraq that lies at the heart of the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM