British family holidaying in France shot dead
London: A hunt is on for the killer of three members of a British family and an cyclist at an Alpine beauty spot, a media report said Friday.
The vicctims, Iraqi-born aircraft engineer Saad Al-Hilli, his dentist wife Iqbal and her mother, were shot in the forehead through the car windows as they sat parked in a remote forest layby, the Daily Express reported.
A French cyclist thought to have been a witness was found shot dead nearby, BBC reported.
The family was on a caravan holiday near Lake Annecy, France. The couple`s seven-year-old daughter Zeinab managed to escape from the car before being shot in the shoulder. She was in a medically induced coma in a French hospital.
While Zeena, four-year-old sister of Zeinab, survived unhurt as she hid herself in the footwell of their car underneath her mother`s body for eight hours.
Officers believe the family may have been lured to the spot for a planned execution by a hitman.
Police were stunned by the ruthlessness of the attack by a clearly expert gunman who fired "clinical shots to the centre of the forehead".
According to French police sources, the clinical manner of the killings - with a total of 15 shots fired - pointed towards a planned execution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach