British far-right extremists voice support for Breivik
London: A number of right-wing British activists have publicly praised Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, with one even describing him as a ‘role model’, since he was sentenced to serve time in jail.
Members of the English Defence League (EDL) and the National Front have voiced support for the 33-year-old, who was declared sane and convicted by an Oslo court nine days ago after killing 77 people in two attacks last year.
According to The Guardian, kick boxer Darren Clifft from Walsall even tried to garner support for a petition to free Breivik last week.
The 23-year-old National Front supporter, who posted as ‘Daz MarxistHunter’, left a message on Facebook stating: “[Breivik] is truly inspirational.
He sacrificed his life so Europe might be free again from the clutches of Islam and cultural Marxism, multiculturalism and political correctness. I see him as my role model, what every European man needs to be in order for Europe to survive."
Another Breivik admirer, Nick Greger, who, along with EDL founder member Paul Ray, runs Order 777, which claims to bring together Christian resistance movements, wrote on Facebook that the Norwegian deserved a medal “for the groundbreaking performance to blow up his Marxist traitor government building”, the report said.
Breivik detonated a bomb in Oslo on 22 July last year, targeting government headquarters before embarking on a killing spree on the Island of Utøya, where young political activists had gathered for a summer camp, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?