British FM says `no decision` on arming Syria rebels
Doha: British Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Saturday that his government had taken "no decision" to provide arms to Syrian rebels, ahead of a "Friends of Syria" meeting expected to discuss military aid.
"On the much debated question of whether we should give lethal aid of any kind to the Syrian opposition, the position remains the same -- we have taken no decision to do that," he told reporters in the Qatari capital Doha.
Hague said any such decision would have to be debated in parliament.
He said that Britain`s main goals remain to "deliver more humanitarian aid" and "promote a political solution."
"At the end, there is only a political solution for the conflict. We want to see a successful conference in Geneva," he said, referring to a joint US and Russian proposal for a peace conference in the Swiss city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself