British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond calls on Hamas to accept humanitarian ceasefire
Cairo: British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond on Thursday called on Hamas to accept a humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza as the death toll in the 17-day conflict with Israel topped 740.
Hammond spoke at a press conference in Cairo after meeting Egyptian president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, whose government has pushed for a truce in the neighbouring Palestinian enclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'