British lady faces flogging in Iran over sex with embassy cops
London: A British woman faces flogging in Iran after being accused of sleeping with two cops guarding the German embassy.
Teacher Samin A, 24, her full name has not been released, is on trial in Teheran accused of immoral behaviour.
She has also been charged with having “suspicious contacts” with the embassy and drinking alcohol at parties, The Sun reports.
And it is alleged she took part in demonstrations against President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s hardline government.
Fifteen others are in the dock with her, five of whom could face a firing squad.
The police officers she allegedly slept with have now been ordered back to Germany where they face disciplinary action.
They insist their relationship was purely private, though new claims link her to a third cop lover from the embassy.
Opposition websites in Tehran say Manchester-born Samin, who has a British mum and an Iranian father, “begged for forgiveness”.
The Foreign Office has asked Iran to clarify the situation and allow consular access to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video