British military historian John Keegan has died
London: The Daily Telegraph newspaper says that noted British military historian, academic and journalist John Keegan has died. He was 78.
Keegan was a respected author whose dozen or so works ranged from detailed studies of military turning points to more meditative pieces on the nature of war and how human beings behave in battle.
A military historian who never served in combat, Keegan`s interests ranged from the American Civil War to the Iraq War by way of the Battle of Agincourt and Waterloo.
Keegan taught at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst -- Britain`s West Point -- before joining the Telegraph as defence correspondent in 1986.
The paper said that Keegan passed away yesterday but didn`t disclose the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!