British military unveils royal wedding plans
London: Britain`s military says it plans to line the streets with soldiers and perform a flypast in honor of Prince William`s wedding to Kate Middleton later this month.
The Ministry of Defense says planes from World War II will join modern combat jets in soaring over Buckingham Palace shortly after the couple tie the knot on April 29.
Soldiers, sailors and airmen will line the path after the couple leave Westminster Abbey, while more than 1,000 military personnel and military musicians will be placed along the route from the abbey to the palace.
The ministry said Friday that a guard of honor from the Welsh Guards would be at the palace for the return of the royal family members from the wedding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok