British Muslim jailed for urging killing of MPs
London: A man who posted messages on an Islamic extremist website calling on Muslims to attack British lawmakers has been jailed for 12 years.
Bilal Zaheer Ahmad posted the threat against UK lawmakers who voted for the Iraq war on the US-based RevolutionMuslim.com on November 03 last year.
Prosecutors said on Friday the 24-year-old listed the pro-war politicians on the website, quoted extracts from Islamist writings promoting jihad, and urged others to kill the politicians.
The threat was posted a day after a 21-year-old Muslim woman was jailed for trying to murder parliamentarian Stephen Timms in retaliation for his support of the Iraq war.
Timms suffered injuries to his liver after the woman, Roshonara Choudhry, plunged a kitchen knife twice into his stomach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown