British Muslim jailed for urging killing of MPs
London: A man who posted messages on an Islamic extremist website calling on Muslims to attack British lawmakers has been jailed for 12 years.
Bilal Zaheer Ahmad posted the threat against UK lawmakers who voted for the Iraq war on the US-based RevolutionMuslim.com on November 03 last year.
Prosecutors said on Friday the 24-year-old listed the pro-war politicians on the website, quoted extracts from Islamist writings promoting jihad, and urged others to kill the politicians.
The threat was posted a day after a 21-year-old Muslim woman was jailed for trying to murder parliamentarian Stephen Timms in retaliation for his support of the Iraq war.
Timms suffered injuries to his liver after the woman, Roshonara Choudhry, plunged a kitchen knife twice into his stomach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends