British Muslim jailed for urging killing of MPs
London: A man who posted messages on an Islamic extremist website calling on Muslims to attack British lawmakers has been jailed for 12 years.
Bilal Zaheer Ahmad posted the threat against UK lawmakers who voted for the Iraq war on the US-based RevolutionMuslim.com on November 03 last year.
Prosecutors said on Friday the 24-year-old listed the pro-war politicians on the website, quoted extracts from Islamist writings promoting jihad, and urged others to kill the politicians.
The threat was posted a day after a 21-year-old Muslim woman was jailed for trying to murder parliamentarian Stephen Timms in retaliation for his support of the Iraq war.
Timms suffered injuries to his liver after the woman, Roshonara Choudhry, plunged a kitchen knife twice into his stomach.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India