British Navy unveils new attack submarine
London: The British Navy has launched its latest weapon, a new attack submarine called HMS Ambush that can hit targets around 2,000 km away, The Sun reported.
The nuclear-powered vessel is the second in a series of seven submarines worth one billion pounds. It will carry Tomahawk missiles and Spearfish torpedoes.
Defence Minister Philip Dunne called it "an astonishing engineering feat".
The vessel, built by defence firm BAE, carries twice the firepower of the class of submarines it has replaced.
The Sun said its sonar can hear a ship leaving port in New York, while at the English Channel.
Its captain Peter Green said it was a "huge privilege" to take control of the vessel.
The vessel took 20 million man-hours to design and build. It will have a 98-man crew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What makes an online dater successful!
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped
- What a dance! Pakistan's 'Hrithik Roshan' enthralls judges of America's Got Talent - WATCH
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week