British Navy unveils new attack submarine
London: The British Navy has launched its latest weapon, a new attack submarine called HMS Ambush that can hit targets around 2,000 km away, The Sun reported.
The nuclear-powered vessel is the second in a series of seven submarines worth one billion pounds. It will carry Tomahawk missiles and Spearfish torpedoes.
Defence Minister Philip Dunne called it "an astonishing engineering feat".
The vessel, built by defence firm BAE, carries twice the firepower of the class of submarines it has replaced.
The Sun said its sonar can hear a ship leaving port in New York, while at the English Channel.
Its captain Peter Green said it was a "huge privilege" to take control of the vessel.
The vessel took 20 million man-hours to design and build. It will have a 98-man crew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America