British plane makes emergency landing in Mauritania
Nouakchott: A British Boeing 757 was forced to land at the Nouakchott international airport in Mauritania, after one of its engines caught fire.
The pilot of the plane, which was carrying 108 passengers, noticed that one of the plane`s engines had caught fire and immediately contacted the airport`s control tower to allow him to land in the Mauritanian capital Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
The plane, coming from Freetown in Sierra Leone, was on its way to London.
There were no casualties and the fire was put off by the airport`s firefighters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report