British PM Cameron resumes holiday after crisis meetings on beheading video
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday resumed his holiday in Cornwall, a day after he rushed back to London to chair emergency meetings in response to a video purported to show a man with a British accent beheading a US journalist.
On Wednesday Cameron returned to London from his family holiday in the southern English county of Cornwall to discuss Britain`s response to an Islamic State video which appeared to show the killing of James Foley, an American reporter captured in Syria in 2012.
He said it was "deeply shocking" that a British national was likely to have been involved but ruled out a knee-jerk response to the video or sending British troops into combat in Iraq.
His office said he travelled back to Cornwall on Thursday morning but would be keeping in close contact with officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside