British PM gorges on roadside hot dog
New York: David Cameron was treated to a roadside hot dog by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg after the British Prime Minister arrived in the city for his first official visit.
Bloomberg met Cameron at a street corner outside Penn station after the Premier arrived by train from Washington. The two men grabbed a quick bite at a food stand but ignored questions from reporters while they ate. Cameron even flashed a thumbs-up sign when asked about his lunch, the Telegraph reported.
Vendor Abdus Salam said Cameron had a plain hot dog while Bloomberg opted for mustard on his. The New York mayor paid for the USD 2 snacks and left a tip.
Cameron was scheduled to meet American business leaders about trade and investment prospects. He and Bloomberg were also planning to wrap up the day with another meal together, this time probably at a more refined restaurant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees