British PM gorges on roadside hot dog
New York: David Cameron was treated to a roadside hot dog by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg after the British Prime Minister arrived in the city for his first official visit.
Bloomberg met Cameron at a street corner outside Penn station after the Premier arrived by train from Washington. The two men grabbed a quick bite at a food stand but ignored questions from reporters while they ate. Cameron even flashed a thumbs-up sign when asked about his lunch, the Telegraph reported.
Vendor Abdus Salam said Cameron had a plain hot dog while Bloomberg opted for mustard on his. The New York mayor paid for the USD 2 snacks and left a tip.
Cameron was scheduled to meet American business leaders about trade and investment prospects. He and Bloomberg were also planning to wrap up the day with another meal together, this time probably at a more refined restaurant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach