British PM gorges on roadside hot dog
New York: David Cameron was treated to a roadside hot dog by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg after the British Prime Minister arrived in the city for his first official visit.
Bloomberg met Cameron at a street corner outside Penn station after the Premier arrived by train from Washington. The two men grabbed a quick bite at a food stand but ignored questions from reporters while they ate. Cameron even flashed a thumbs-up sign when asked about his lunch, the Telegraph reported.
Vendor Abdus Salam said Cameron had a plain hot dog while Bloomberg opted for mustard on his. The New York mayor paid for the USD 2 snacks and left a tip.
Cameron was scheduled to meet American business leaders about trade and investment prospects. He and Bloomberg were also planning to wrap up the day with another meal together, this time probably at a more refined restaurant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid