British PM meets victims in Wednesday`s shooting spree
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron on Friday visited the victims of a shooting spree by a taxi
driver, which left 12 dead and 11 other injured on Wednesday.
"It is so unfair and so cruel... We do not yet know all
of the facts of the case" the Prime Minister said on the
rampage after visiting West Cumberland Hospital in Cumbria.
In the worst such attack since 1996, Derrick Bird, 52,
who shot himself dead after he went on a killing spree
apparently fearing an arrest in an 60,000 pound undeclared
earning case, coupled by his estranged relationship with his
twin David -- the first of his 12 victims.
Bird next target was solicitor Kevin Commons who he
thought was colluding with his family to cheat him out of his
mother`s 96,000 pound inheritance.
Daily Mail quoted a close friend of Bird saying "it was
all about the Inland Revenue. He was being investigated... his
brother and the solicitor were colluding to get him in trouble
with the taxman."
It is said that his Inland Revenue tax demand exceeded
Meanwhile, Mark Cooper, a fellow taxi driver, said: "All
he said was that they had caught him with 60,000 pound in the
bank," adding that Bird used to say "I`ll go to jail".
Bird lost his job as a joiner at the nuclear plant in
1990 after being convicted of stealing building materials and
had drinking habit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli