British PM mistakenly leaves daughter in pub
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron mistakenly left his eight-year-old daughter behind following a lunch with family and friends at a country pub.
Cameron got home from a Sunday lunch and discovered he had left his daughter in the pub.
He dashed back and found little Nancy with staff at the Plough Inn in Cadsden, Bucks, the Sun tabloid reported on Monday.
"The PM and wife Samantha were distraught when they realised Nancy wasn`t with them," the report quoted officials at Downing Street as saying.
"Thankfully when they phoned the pub, she was there safe and well. The PM went down straight away to get her."
Nancy got left in the pub loo when Cameron drove off after his lunch.
She wandered off to the Ladies as the Prime Minister and Samantha were arranging lifts and they only realised she was missing once they were back home.
The Camerons and children Nancy, Arthur, six, and 22-month-old Florence had been having Sunday lunch with two other families at the Plough Inn near the PM`s country home Chequers, the report said.
Afterwards, Cameron went home in a car flanked by bodyguards, thinking Nancy was with Sam and their other children in a second vehicle.
Sam thought Nancy had jumped in with her father.
Cameron drove the two miles back to the 16th-century pub and found Nancy happily helping out the staff. She was away from her family for about 15 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'