British PM moots adult certificate for sexy videos
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has called for raunchy promos to be slapped with adult certificates.
Cameron wants them slapped with an "18 certificate" to save children from seeing explicit images. It is part of his attempts to prevent the "sexualisation" of youngsters, the Sun reported.
The British government has plans to hold talks with the music industry next month and the Cameron wants to act, in case, if bosses fail to behave.
Cameron says kids should be banned from watching sexy music videos by the likes of Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry.
A government-backed review last year slammed raunchy pop promos.
The Letting Children Be Children report by Reg Bailey of the Mothers` Union said: "Some parents expressed concern that these videos were influencing their sons` behaviour towards women in a negative way."
Bailey said he had been disappointed by the music industry`s response. "Many of the industries mentioned in last year`s report responded positively to our recommendations."
"I cannot say that has been the case with music videos. Age ratings should be introduced for music videos," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen