British PM moots adult certificate for sexy videos
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has called for raunchy promos to be slapped with adult certificates.
Cameron wants them slapped with an "18 certificate" to save children from seeing explicit images. It is part of his attempts to prevent the "sexualisation" of youngsters, the Sun reported.
The British government has plans to hold talks with the music industry next month and the Cameron wants to act, in case, if bosses fail to behave.
Cameron says kids should be banned from watching sexy music videos by the likes of Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry.
A government-backed review last year slammed raunchy pop promos.
The Letting Children Be Children report by Reg Bailey of the Mothers` Union said: "Some parents expressed concern that these videos were influencing their sons` behaviour towards women in a negative way."
Bailey said he had been disappointed by the music industry`s response. "Many of the industries mentioned in last year`s report responded positively to our recommendations."
"I cannot say that has been the case with music videos. Age ratings should be introduced for music videos," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview