British PM moots adult certificate for sexy videos
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has called for raunchy promos to be slapped with adult certificates.
Cameron wants them slapped with an "18 certificate" to save children from seeing explicit images. It is part of his attempts to prevent the "sexualisation" of youngsters, the Sun reported.
The British government has plans to hold talks with the music industry next month and the Cameron wants to act, in case, if bosses fail to behave.
Cameron says kids should be banned from watching sexy music videos by the likes of Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry.
A government-backed review last year slammed raunchy pop promos.
The Letting Children Be Children report by Reg Bailey of the Mothers` Union said: "Some parents expressed concern that these videos were influencing their sons` behaviour towards women in a negative way."
Bailey said he had been disappointed by the music industry`s response. "Many of the industries mentioned in last year`s report responded positively to our recommendations."
"I cannot say that has been the case with music videos. Age ratings should be introduced for music videos," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands