British PM moots adult certificate for sexy videos
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has called for raunchy promos to be slapped with adult certificates.
Cameron wants them slapped with an "18 certificate" to save children from seeing explicit images. It is part of his attempts to prevent the "sexualisation" of youngsters, the Sun reported.
The British government has plans to hold talks with the music industry next month and the Cameron wants to act, in case, if bosses fail to behave.
Cameron says kids should be banned from watching sexy music videos by the likes of Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry.
A government-backed review last year slammed raunchy pop promos.
The Letting Children Be Children report by Reg Bailey of the Mothers` Union said: "Some parents expressed concern that these videos were influencing their sons` behaviour towards women in a negative way."
Bailey said he had been disappointed by the music industry`s response. "Many of the industries mentioned in last year`s report responded positively to our recommendations."
"I cannot say that has been the case with music videos. Age ratings should be introduced for music videos," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon