British PM moots adult certificate for sexy videos
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has called for raunchy promos to be slapped with adult certificates.
Cameron wants them slapped with an "18 certificate" to save children from seeing explicit images. It is part of his attempts to prevent the "sexualisation" of youngsters, the Sun reported.
The British government has plans to hold talks with the music industry next month and the Cameron wants to act, in case, if bosses fail to behave.
Cameron says kids should be banned from watching sexy music videos by the likes of Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry.
A government-backed review last year slammed raunchy pop promos.
The Letting Children Be Children report by Reg Bailey of the Mothers` Union said: "Some parents expressed concern that these videos were influencing their sons` behaviour towards women in a negative way."
Bailey said he had been disappointed by the music industry`s response. "Many of the industries mentioned in last year`s report responded positively to our recommendations."
"I cannot say that has been the case with music videos. Age ratings should be introduced for music videos," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing