British PM to discuss Ukraine with Kerry on Friday
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron will meet with US Secretary of State John Kerry in London on Friday to discuss the situation in Ukraine, a Downing Street source said.
The breakfast meeting will take place before Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov hold another round of talks in the British capital to try to defuse the crisis.
The Crimean peninsular is holding a referendum on Sunday on adopting Kremlin rule, which could see Russia annex the Ukrainian territory.
The Group of Seven developed economies (G7) -- including Britain and the United States -- on Wednesday urged Moscow to cease efforts to change the status of Crimea, warning that failure to do so would spark "further action".
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a Twitter message on Thursday he had just held a "useful call" with Kerry and stressed that Britain and the United States were "working close together".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users