British PM to discuss Ukraine with Kerry on Friday
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron will meet with US Secretary of State John Kerry in London on Friday to discuss the situation in Ukraine, a Downing Street source said.
The breakfast meeting will take place before Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov hold another round of talks in the British capital to try to defuse the crisis.
The Crimean peninsular is holding a referendum on Sunday on adopting Kremlin rule, which could see Russia annex the Ukrainian territory.
The Group of Seven developed economies (G7) -- including Britain and the United States -- on Wednesday urged Moscow to cease efforts to change the status of Crimea, warning that failure to do so would spark "further action".
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a Twitter message on Thursday he had just held a "useful call" with Kerry and stressed that Britain and the United States were "working close together".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet