British PM to discuss Ukraine with Kerry on Friday
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron will meet with US Secretary of State John Kerry in London on Friday to discuss the situation in Ukraine, a Downing Street source said.
The breakfast meeting will take place before Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov hold another round of talks in the British capital to try to defuse the crisis.
The Crimean peninsular is holding a referendum on Sunday on adopting Kremlin rule, which could see Russia annex the Ukrainian territory.
The Group of Seven developed economies (G7) -- including Britain and the United States -- on Wednesday urged Moscow to cease efforts to change the status of Crimea, warning that failure to do so would spark "further action".
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a Twitter message on Thursday he had just held a "useful call" with Kerry and stressed that Britain and the United States were "working close together".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report