British PM to discuss Ukraine with Kerry on Friday
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron will meet with US Secretary of State John Kerry in London on Friday to discuss the situation in Ukraine, a Downing Street source said.
The breakfast meeting will take place before Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov hold another round of talks in the British capital to try to defuse the crisis.
The Crimean peninsular is holding a referendum on Sunday on adopting Kremlin rule, which could see Russia annex the Ukrainian territory.
The Group of Seven developed economies (G7) -- including Britain and the United States -- on Wednesday urged Moscow to cease efforts to change the status of Crimea, warning that failure to do so would spark "further action".
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a Twitter message on Thursday he had just held a "useful call" with Kerry and stressed that Britain and the United States were "working close together".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite