British PM`s guard found dead
London: A 43-year-old police officer from a unit that guards the British Prime Minister and other high profile figures has been found dead from gunshot wounds.
The constable, from the Met`s Specialist Protection Command, was found at a residential address in Camden, north London on Wednesday.
His death is not being treated as suspicious and detectives are investigating whether a police gun was used.
Officers were called shortly after 4 pm on Wednesday and forced entry to an address in King`s Terrace.
The man had a gunshot injury and was pronounced dead at 4.45 pm.
His next of kin have been informed, the police said.
He was not under investigation as part of either the "plebgate" probe or the inquiries into alleged phone hacking and corrupt payments to public officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days