British PM`s guard found dead
London: A 43-year-old police officer from a unit that guards the British Prime Minister and other high profile figures has been found dead from gunshot wounds.
The constable, from the Met`s Specialist Protection Command, was found at a residential address in Camden, north London on Wednesday.
His death is not being treated as suspicious and detectives are investigating whether a police gun was used.
Officers were called shortly after 4 pm on Wednesday and forced entry to an address in King`s Terrace.
The man had a gunshot injury and was pronounced dead at 4.45 pm.
His next of kin have been informed, the police said.
He was not under investigation as part of either the "plebgate" probe or the inquiries into alleged phone hacking and corrupt payments to public officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!