British PM`s guard found dead
London: A 43-year-old police officer from a unit that guards the British Prime Minister and other high profile figures has been found dead from gunshot wounds.
The constable, from the Met`s Specialist Protection Command, was found at a residential address in Camden, north London on Wednesday.
His death is not being treated as suspicious and detectives are investigating whether a police gun was used.
Officers were called shortly after 4 pm on Wednesday and forced entry to an address in King`s Terrace.
The man had a gunshot injury and was pronounced dead at 4.45 pm.
His next of kin have been informed, the police said.
He was not under investigation as part of either the "plebgate" probe or the inquiries into alleged phone hacking and corrupt payments to public officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan