British police arrest 3 men accused of terror funding
London: Police in Britain have arrested three men for alleged terrorist funding, just days after a British Airways worker was detained on suspicion of the same offence, police said.
Anti-terrorism officers arrested the suspects in Berkshire, southeast England, in raids early yesterday and took them for questioning at a London police station.
"Three men were arrested... for an alleged offence of terrorist fund raising," said a spokesman from London`s Metropolitan Police.
"The men aged 31, 32 and 43 were arrested at separate residential premises."
"Searches are being carried out in connection with the arrests," said the spokesman.
It came after a 30-year-old British Airways worker was detained at one of the airline`s offices in the city of Newcastle, northeast England, last Thursday over terrorist fund raising.
"An employee was arrested at our Newcastle office last week," said an airline spokesman.
"We take matters relating to security extremely seriously and as a responsible company always cooperate fully with the police."
Detectives were granted more time to question the man, who is detained in London, during a court hearing on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan