British police arrest 4 in tabloid bribery probe
London: British police say they have arrested four people, including a police officer, on suspicion of corruption as part of an investigation into police bribery by a tabloid newspaper.
London`s Metropolitan Police said two men aged 48 and one aged 56 were arrested early Saturday at homes in and around London.
The fourth, a 29-year-old police officer, was arrested at the London station where he works.
The investigation is running parallel to a police inquiry into phone hacking by Rupert Murdoch`s now-defunct News of the World.
Police said the arrests were made as a result of information provided by Murdoch`s News Corp.
A dozen people have now been arrested in the bribery probe, though none has yet been charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...