British police arrest 4 in tabloid bribery probe
London: British police say they have arrested four people, including a police officer, on suspicion of corruption as part of an investigation into police bribery by a tabloid newspaper.
London`s Metropolitan Police said two men aged 48 and one aged 56 were arrested early Saturday at homes in and around London.
The fourth, a 29-year-old police officer, was arrested at the London station where he works.
The investigation is running parallel to a police inquiry into phone hacking by Rupert Murdoch`s now-defunct News of the World.
Police said the arrests were made as a result of information provided by Murdoch`s News Corp.
A dozen people have now been arrested in the bribery probe, though none has yet been charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves