British police arrest 4 in tabloid bribery probe
London: British police say they have arrested four people, including a police officer, on suspicion of corruption as part of an investigation into police bribery by a tabloid newspaper.
London`s Metropolitan Police said two men aged 48 and one aged 56 were arrested early Saturday at homes in and around London.
The fourth, a 29-year-old police officer, was arrested at the London station where he works.
The investigation is running parallel to a police inquiry into phone hacking by Rupert Murdoch`s now-defunct News of the World.
Police said the arrests were made as a result of information provided by Murdoch`s News Corp.
A dozen people have now been arrested in the bribery probe, though none has yet been charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'