British police arrest 4 in tabloid bribery probe
London: British police say they have arrested four people, including a police officer, on suspicion of corruption as part of an investigation into police bribery by a tabloid newspaper.
London`s Metropolitan Police said two men aged 48 and one aged 56 were arrested early Saturday at homes in and around London.
The fourth, a 29-year-old police officer, was arrested at the London station where he works.
The investigation is running parallel to a police inquiry into phone hacking by Rupert Murdoch`s now-defunct News of the World.
Police said the arrests were made as a result of information provided by Murdoch`s News Corp.
A dozen people have now been arrested in the bribery probe, though none has yet been charged.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan