British police make new phone hacking arrest
London: British police investigating tabloid
phone hacking have arrested a long-serving former assistant to
ex-News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks and other
executives at Rupert Murdoch`s News International group.
A person briefed on the arrest, who demanded anonymity to
discuss details of the sensitive police investigation, said
the woman was Cheryl Carter, the longtime personal assistant
of Brooks also an ex-News International chief executive and
other senior staff. News International declined to comment.
The person said Carter`s arrest was linked to the
recovery of incriminating company emails from a data center in
India last year.
Police said Friday that the 47-year-old woman was
arrested on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of
justice and later released on police bail to return for more
questioning later this month.
Officers said the woman was detained at her home and
taken to a police station in Essex, east of London, but did
not confirm her name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what