British policeman dies after street assault
London: A 33-year-old British police constable has died from serious head injuries after being involved in a fight outside a night club.
The unnamed officer was off duty when he was injured in the Jan 28 incident outside the bar in Wolverhampton, around 180 km from London, BBC reported Friday.
He was walking past the night club when he became involved in a row with some people leaving the venue, police said.
The officer was in a critical condition following the incident and died Thursday.
"During a scuffle, the victim was punched and left unconscious in the road with a serious head injury," police said.
A man and two women were arrested after the incident.
Police believe the suspects, in their late teens or early 20s, had been drinking at the bar for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA