British policeman dies after street assault
London: A 33-year-old British police constable has died from serious head injuries after being involved in a fight outside a night club.
The unnamed officer was off duty when he was injured in the Jan 28 incident outside the bar in Wolverhampton, around 180 km from London, BBC reported Friday.
He was walking past the night club when he became involved in a row with some people leaving the venue, police said.
The officer was in a critical condition following the incident and died Thursday.
"During a scuffle, the victim was punched and left unconscious in the road with a serious head injury," police said.
A man and two women were arrested after the incident.
Police believe the suspects, in their late teens or early 20s, had been drinking at the bar for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble