British policeman dies after street assault
London: A 33-year-old British police constable has died from serious head injuries after being involved in a fight outside a night club.
The unnamed officer was off duty when he was injured in the Jan 28 incident outside the bar in Wolverhampton, around 180 km from London, BBC reported Friday.
He was walking past the night club when he became involved in a row with some people leaving the venue, police said.
The officer was in a critical condition following the incident and died Thursday.
"During a scuffle, the victim was punched and left unconscious in the road with a serious head injury," police said.
A man and two women were arrested after the incident.
Police believe the suspects, in their late teens or early 20s, had been drinking at the bar for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says