British policeman dies after street assault
London: A 33-year-old British police constable has died from serious head injuries after being involved in a fight outside a night club.
The unnamed officer was off duty when he was injured in the Jan 28 incident outside the bar in Wolverhampton, around 180 km from London, BBC reported Friday.
He was walking past the night club when he became involved in a row with some people leaving the venue, police said.
The officer was in a critical condition following the incident and died Thursday.
"During a scuffle, the victim was punched and left unconscious in the road with a serious head injury," police said.
A man and two women were arrested after the incident.
Police believe the suspects, in their late teens or early 20s, had been drinking at the bar for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why