British Queen slams media in royal privacy row
London: The British Queen is said to have ordered a crackdown on the paparazzi amid her growing anger at intrusions into the private lives of the members of the Royal
family and their friends.
The new get-tough approach has the full support of the Prince of Wales, Prince William, Prince Harry and other senior members of the Royal family, who may now initiate legal action against what they perceive as the "intrusive and unacceptable behaviour" of photographers, `The Sunday Telegraph` reported.
Several photographers usually spend many hours a day touring the Queen`s Norfolk estate Sandringham in the hope of "snatching" photographs of the Royal family on the estate.
Until now, the Royal family has, reluctantly, turned a blind eye to such photographs provided they were taken from public roads and they didn`t involve trespass on private land.
But, no more. According to senior aides at Buckingham Palace and Clarence House, the Royal Family will no longer tolerate photographers using telephoto lenses to capture pictures of their members in "private" situations.
"Many years of being intruded upon have taken their toll. The Royal family feels they are entitled to a private life, particularly at Christmas," said a senior Buckingham
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31