British Queen slams media in royal privacy row
London: The British Queen is said to have ordered a crackdown on the paparazzi amid her growing anger at intrusions into the private lives of the members of the Royal
family and their friends.
The new get-tough approach has the full support of the Prince of Wales, Prince William, Prince Harry and other senior members of the Royal family, who may now initiate legal action against what they perceive as the "intrusive and unacceptable behaviour" of photographers, `The Sunday Telegraph` reported.
Several photographers usually spend many hours a day touring the Queen`s Norfolk estate Sandringham in the hope of "snatching" photographs of the Royal family on the estate.
Until now, the Royal family has, reluctantly, turned a blind eye to such photographs provided they were taken from public roads and they didn`t involve trespass on private land.
But, no more. According to senior aides at Buckingham Palace and Clarence House, the Royal Family will no longer tolerate photographers using telephoto lenses to capture pictures of their members in "private" situations.
"Many years of being intruded upon have taken their toll. The Royal family feels they are entitled to a private life, particularly at Christmas," said a senior Buckingham
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously