‘British Queen will be forced to wear burkha’
London: Radical Muslims, who are seeking
to introduce Sharia laws in the UK, have said the British
Queen will be forced to wear a burkha and cover up in public,
according to a media report.
Abu Rumaysah, spokesman for pro-Sharia campaigners
Islam4UK, said the Queen would be forced to cover up in public
from head to foot, with only her eyes visible.
"If the Queen decides to go outside she is to cover
herself like every other woman," Amjem Choudary, an extremist
Islamist leader, was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
Choudary, the right-hand man of exiled Islamist cleric
Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed, earlier demanded the royal palace
be renamed Buckingham Masjid, and the Mall, which approaches
the palace, would become Masjid Road.
Choudary, who is leading the campaigning to introduce
Sharia courts in the UK, claimed to have uncovered historical
evidence which challenges the right of Queen Elizabeth II to
live at the royal palace.
"We find ourselves in the year 2009, waiting for Rome
to fall, waiting for the White House to fall and indeed
waiting for Buckingham Palace to fall," he was quoted as
saying by the British tabloid.
Choudary said once the Sharia was established the
Queen’s official residence in London would have a dome fitted
and a tannoy system to call followers to prayer.
The Islam4UK movement is made up of leading members of
the banned radical al-Muhajiroun group which was once led by
Choudary. Around 15 per cent of people convicted in the UK of
terrorism-related offences in the last decade were either
members of the group or had links to it, the report claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!