British Queen`s estate employee falls into lake
London: An employee of Queen Elizabeth II`s Sandringham estate was fighting for his life after falling into a lake right next to a garden where the monarch was holding a meeting with dog enthusiasts.
The man, in his 30s, an employee of the royal grounds in the east of England, fell into the water while sitting on a ride-on lawnmower. He was pulled from the water by police officers who then tried to resuscitate him before paramedics arrived.
"The man was retrieved from the water and was taken to Adden brooke`s Hospital by air ambulance for treatment. He is currently described as being in a critical condition," Norfolk police said.
The incident took place on Monday afternoon, minutes after the Queen had finished a private meeting in her garden with local members of the Welsh Corgi League and 48 of their dogs.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said she is being updated on the incident.
The lake, which is around 200 metres wide with an island in the middle, is the largest of four inter-connected lakes and ponds in the 20,000 acre estate where the Royal family gather every Christmas.
The Queen, a well known Corgi lover and patron of the league, chatted with members and petted their dogs for around half an hour. She has at least four dogs of this kind. Her first Corgi was called Susan. Some portraits of Queen Elizabeth II include a Corgi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore