British royal couple watch movie in mufti
London: Britain`s Prince William and his glamorous wife Kate Middleton went in mufti for a cinema date, but failed in their bid to remain anonymous.
The royal lovebirds went to watch Avengers Assemble at the Odeon cinema on Kensington High Street and made attempts to merge with the crowd by dressing down.
Apparently taking time out after four hectic days of public events in connection with their grandmother Queen Elizabeth II diamond jubilee celebrations, the Royal couple even joined a queue to the get the movie tickets.
Kate wore blue skinny jeans, heels and a denim jacket, and the second in line to the Throne wore a shirt, blue jumper, glasses and a baseball cap and they were almost unrecognisable at a glance, the Daily Mail reported today.
But, if the Royal couple thought they had evaded the public eye, they were in for shock of their life.
As hours after the movie, the Twitter in the UK went abuzz, with people twitting on their presence at theatre.
Comments ranged from "OMG watching the avengers with Kate middleton and Prince william sitting right next to me!!!", while others said "SLAP ME NOW I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj